“For both online and onsite schooling, we need a dynamic and not a passive curriculum.
Tag Archives: curriculum
56. A National Imperative Implemented Over Time
How can we upgrade the instructional quality depicted in the new learning infrastructure with novice teachers possessing minimal baseline credentials?
53. The Curriculum Council Continues Discussion
Standards, high stakes tests, and data fall short. They can assess mastery in minimum competency and functionality, but America is more than that!
52. The Curriculum Council Discusses the Communications SAC’s Proposal
The problem is we had not previously aligned the curriculum in terms of scope and sequence.
51. The Communications Committee Prepares the Proposal for the Curriculum Council
If I remember my Bloom’s Taxonomy correctly, the ability to analyze, evaluate and create are at the top of the list of learning objectives.
50. Concerns Arise About Too Much Too Fast
“You’re right,” Rebecca responded. “By using the ideas of the new learning infrastructure, we move dramatically afield from the usual. Some people will question our sanity. Won’t understand the mechanics of the lesson plan resource or mastery statements.”
49. The Teaching/Learning Contract Created and Justified
Maybe the most significant aspect of accountability found in the teaching/learning contract is identifying to whom teachers are accountable.
46. Begin with a Well-Designed and Written Curriculum
Students theoretically agree to learn what is taught.
44. A Nation at Risk Updated
Learning is the result of cognitive development. Mastery operates at a high level of cognition, depicted in complex human behaviors that exceed the mundane.
43. A Proposal from the Language Arts SAC is Readied for the Curriculum Council
Schools that gave prior attention to achieving student mastery through well-constructed local curricula, linked to compatible instructional processes, maintained student learning during the pandemic. Their teachers had been thoroughly involved in all aspects of curricular content, instructional design, and assessment of student learning. Such involvement provided a solid instructional platform when they were forced to use online instruction.