Our children feel the intensity as much or more than we do. Which makes it imperative that we figure out how to make schools better serve their needs now and in the future.
Tag Archives: new learning Infrastructure
53. The Curriculum Council Continues Discussion
Standards, high stakes tests, and data fall short. They can assess mastery in minimum competency and functionality, but America is more than that!
51. The Communications Committee Prepares the Proposal for the Curriculum Council
If I remember my Bloom’s Taxonomy correctly, the ability to analyze, evaluate and create are at the top of the list of learning objectives.
50. Concerns Arise About Too Much Too Fast
“You’re right,” Rebecca responded. “By using the ideas of the new learning infrastructure, we move dramatically afield from the usual. Some people will question our sanity. Won’t understand the mechanics of the lesson plan resource or mastery statements.”
48. Replacing the Dominance of Standardization and Assembly Lines
A twist on that analogy is the need for better bridges between schools and the communities they serve.
47. Student Mastery Profiles: The Teaching and Learning Contract
The complicated theory is the student mastery profile as a measure of student progress.
42. A Proposal Readied for the Curriculum Council
We do indeed have many of the same problems identified in 1983. Maybe the reason those problems still exist is because the measures taken to fix them were wrong.
41. A Proposal is Readied for the Curriculum Council
“Right now we provide students answers for which they have no questions. The challenge is to create conditions that stimulate curiosity, resulting in lasting and meaningful learning.”
40. A Philosophical Foundation
Non-language arts teachers began to see the logic of connecting language arts and technology. Letting language be the thread that ran through all subjects in a project-based environment.
36. Subject Area Mastery — An Amalgam of Skills for 21st Century Challenges
The definition to focus on in this district is the knowledge of how our universe works put to practical use. Too many people believe technology is something electronic, magical, and mysterious.